These days, eating is not only about ingesting food that is filling and tasty, it is now about maximizing what you eat and getting the most out of the food in more ways than one. Getting the most out of your food can be done by enhancing what you are eating and by choosing your food wisely. Here are some tips you might want to follow to get the best from your meals and to enhance the quality of your food:
1. Choose food that comes from somewhere near you. In choosing food, some people try to choose produce and other food items that come from faraway lands or are imported from other countries. While these choices may be more flavorful or more to your liking, choosing produce and other food products that come from nearby producers is healthier. The nearer the food producer or source is, the bigger the chance that your food is fresher. Local farms that are found near you will give you fresher vegetables, and even livestock that did not have to be shipped in trucks or frozen for days are definitely fresher. Locally raised products do not have to go through so many people either before getting to you making them less susceptible to contamination.
2. Find out if pesticides were used on your vegetables. When buying veggies, you can try to ask if these came from a smaller farm or a big farm and you can then ask if these have been sprayed with pesticide. If you cannot determine if the vegetables you are buying have been sprayed, you can make your own vegetable spray or wash to remove the pesticide residue from your vegetables. Just mix together a tablespoon each of baking soda and lemon juice with a cup of water and spray your vegetables with the mixture. Let sit for 5 minutes then rinse with cold running water.
3. Choose your seafood wisely. We have been bombarded with propaganda that eating tuna is healthy, and while it is, eating it all the time is actually dangerous to your health. Bigger fish these days have been found to have traces of mercury in them and while smaller fish seem to have them too, they have this in smaller and healthier quantities. The trick to avoiding ingesting too much mercury into your system is to mix things up by eating a variety of fish from small fish to big fish and by choosing where your fish came from.
4. Add probiotic foods to your diet. Probiotic foods can help aid your stomach when it comes to digestion and is a great way to help strengthen your stomach and help with overall health. Probiotic foods include such items like yogurt, homemade pickles, kefir, sauerkraut, and other similar naturally fermented foods.
5. Find foods that are packed with antioxidants. Incorporate antioxidants into your diet. Antioxidants have a lot of good things in store for women like the boosting of one’s immune system, the flushing out of toxins, the prevention of cellular damage, and even the slowing of the aging process. Antioxidants can be found in foods like scallions, garlic, onions, cabbage, broccoli and a whole lot more.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Ft. Lauderdale Abortion Clinics, was established by Dr. James Pendergraft. Our Ft. Lauderdale Offering the latest, safest and most advanced techniques for providing non-surgical, medical and surgical abortion methods including abortion pill.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated