Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are specially designed for people who have low mobility. An electric scooter is basically a battery-operated vehicle with the capacity of only one person. These machines are mainly used by those people who feel difficulty in standing or walking for long periods of time. These units or Mobile Carriers are either designed for indoor use, outdoor use and both indoor and outdoor use. The main difference between an Electricfied Scooter and a motorized wheelchair is that the later is generally intended for indoor use and also costs more.
The Mobility typevgenerally come in a wide range of styles which are capable of accommodating different types of user needs. The Electric type can have three wheels or maybe four. All these little vehicles run with battery power, so there is no chance to create environmental pollution. The pair of batteries used by these are rechargeable and need to be re-charged on a regular basis. The time and distance covered by an electricfied scooter after every charging depends significantly on the type of battery and its capacity. There is no need to worry about the operation of these little autos as they are very easy. The Electric Scooters are generally equipped with advanced brake systems which make the stopping of these machines very simple. These little wonders also have parking brake which stops from rolling the vehicle when it is parked.
· Different types of Electric Scooter type conveyences.
There are different types of Electric Scooter or Mobility Scooter according to the various users needs. They are as follows:
1) Transportable or Foldable types: As the name implies these are easily foldable and ready to transport at any time. These type of conveyences are perfect for people those who love traveling. These can be disassembled into 3 or 4 pieces of light parts, according to the different scooter models, for easy transport in most cars trunks.
2) Three-Wheeled Scooters or Mobility type Scooters: The three- wheeled mobility style offer full-sized comfort and durability which is absolutely perfect for both indoor as well as outdoor use. These types have a maximum weight capacity of 300 to 500 lbs.
3) Four-Wheeled Mobile Style: Whenever maximum stability is required a fourth wheel is necessary to support the three- wheeled structure to obtain a stable platform. These types of transporters are mainly used for outdoor use. These have bigger tires with wider base and can go as fast as 10 mph.
4) Heavy Duty Electricfied: These machines are built for heavy people who weigh more than 350 pounds. These little vehicles come with both three and four-wheeled models and with the weight capacity up to 500 pounds.
· The Advantages
1) As the Electric type are powered by battery therefore no physical exertion is required.
2) The people with low mobility can go uphill very easily with the help of these great little machines
3) The person who feels difficulty in walking does not need anybodies assistance to drive these scooters as it is very easy operating these machines.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Tyson J Stevenson creates useful articles & reviews on a wide variety of everyday subjects.
Expect to see his name often. View further samples of his work at News2Reviews or at
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated