Commonly considered by many as a sign of aging, wrinkles are creases in the skin that can definitely make you look old.
As the years pass by, the skin goes through some changes. The skin gets thinner and less elastic than usual. It can be loose plus the skin cells' rate of regeneration gets slower, making a person look significantly older.
If you are noticing some wrinkles on your skin already, then the good news for you is that there are many effective ways to remedy the situation. You can look and feel younger again as you implement some of these techniques:
1. Take lots of water. To preserve the moisture of your skin, drinking a minimum of eight glasses of water is a requirement. You will be surprised at how this simple tip can benefit your skin as you follow it consistently.
2. Limit sun exposure. If there's one thing that can damage your skin other than aging, it is too much exposure to the sun. Make it a goal to avoid or at least limit direct exposure. Try wearing sunscreen protection with SPF 30 length whenever you have to head outdoors - even during cloudy days. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful and can cause premature wrinkle formation.
3. Get adequate rest and exercise regularly. Nothing still beats the advantages of getting some good sleep. Aside from relaxing your mind and body, sleeping helps rejuvenate old cells which, in turn, can make you look and feel younger. Also, exercising promotes better health for the entire body - including the skin! Actually, maintaining the right weight means your skin will not sag as much as it will if you have excess weight on your body.
4. Use moisturizers and anti-aging creams. For your daily moisturizer, look for one that contains humectants and emollients. These can prevent skin drying plus they help keep moisture in your skin. As for anti-aging creams, make sure that what you use has antioxidants, coenzyme Q10, copper peptide, hydroxy acids, kinetin, and retinol, among others.
5. Consult with a trusted dermatologist. Of course, seeking professional help is still your best step. Aside from the suggestions mentioned above, skin care experts will be able to recommend any cosmetic treatments that could help solve your problems quicker. For example, you can ask about the process of dermabrasion or chemical peel. If you are in Australia, a good source you might want to check out is HeberDavis wrinkle treatments in Sydney.
There are plenty of excellent skin care specialists out there and your main task is to find the right clinic in your area. Try asking around to see which one is best. You should carefully consider important factors such as the cost of treatments, the track record of the dermatologist, and many more. You may also read testimonials and online feedback posted by past customers to get an idea whether you are making the right decision or not. Besides, you have to make sure that you will be entrusting your skin to someone who can really help improve your condition.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Pamela Cobb is a skincare expert with over 8 years experience in the health and beauty industry. Through blogging, she aims to share her expertise, knowledge and experience in skincare to beauty-conscious men and women today. For additional information about wrinkle treatment, go check it here.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated