Letís face it: guys engage rather frequently in masturbation, and every woman knows it. Yet despite the fact that this is a prevalent activity among the male sex, itís not something that is easily discussed with a female partner. Some men, however, do get this obvious fact off their chests and many find doing so has rewards. While open confessions about masturbation are not necessarily directly connected to physical penis health, sharing this information can often improve a manís emotional health and create a closer bond between him and a partner.
Does everyone do it?
Itís often said that "every" man masturbates, and this is largely true. While there is no reliable study that has shown that 100% of men masturbate (whether that means regularly or once in their lives), most studies do demonstrate that it is a common activity among men.
For example, a 2002 study of college students found that 98% of the male respondents reported that they had indeed masturbated at some time. (By contrast, only 44% of female respondents admitted to masturbating.) While 98% is not "all," itís close enough to demonstrate a tendency for self-pleasuring in the male population.
Why bring it up?
So men masturbate. Why should a guy necessarily bring it up with a partner? There are several reasons:
- It can be pre-emptive. Many men have a fear of being "caught" masturbating. By acknowledging that he masturbates and discussing how often, in what circumstances, etc., a man can help to decrease the chances of being caught with his trousers down - or, at the very last, make that occurrence less embarrassing than it might be otherwise.
- It can be educational. Many women donít understand why men masturbate or why they may masturbate as often as some men do. Talking about it can help a man educate his partner so that she knows:
- Masturbating is a great reliever of stress for a man.
- Sometimes an erection is so insistent that it simply demands to be handled.
- Frequent ejaculation, through masturbation or partner sex, is thought to be healthy. It keeps the tool in good working order and is linked to a decreased chance of prostate issues.
- Fondling oneself helps a guy learn how his equipment works so he can use that knowledge when in bed with another person to be a more skillful lover.
- It can lead to new sexual experiences. Talking about masturbation can open the pathway to discussing the sexual dreams and desires of both partners.
- It can help bond two people. Sharing something secret demonstrates that a person trusts another person, deepening the bond between them.
Bring it up appropriately.
It helps to figure out the best time to bring up the subject, and this is something that depends very much on the manís comfort level and the partnerís personality. For example, some women might find themselves engaged if a man remarks after a bout of glorious sex, "That puts my daily masturbating to shame" and then leads into a discussion of this pastime. Others might find that insensitive to the sex the two have just shared. A guy should definitely give thought to the best way to broach the subject.
After these confessions, some partners may want to witness an exhibition of a manís masturbation technique, so he should make sure his tool is in good condition. Regular use of a quality penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) is an excellent way to maintain proper penis health. Itís advisable to use a cream that contains a combination of a high-end emollient (think Shea butter) and a natural hydrator (such as vitamin E), which soothes and moisturizes the skin, making the tool stand out when displayed. Also important: The cream should contain vitamin A. Why? Because this vitamin has anti-bacterial properties that do a bang-up job at helping decrease that unwanted odor that can cling to a guyís equipment.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
For additional information on most common male organ health issues, tips on improving male organ sensitivity, and what to do to maintain a healthy male organ, visit www.menshealthfirst.com. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men's health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous online web sites.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Health Articles