The various DTH operators available in India are listed below:
- DD DIRECT PLUS: It’s an Indian free-to-air digital satellite television owned by Doordarshan; which is free of charge. DD Direct+ offers 56 television and 23 radio channels. The total capacity for DD Direct+ is 59 television channels. Out of which 22 channels are broadcasted by DD itself and the remaining 34 are private channels.
- DISH TV: Dish TV is presently Asia's largest and going to be the world's largest dth company with 13 million customers as of 31 October 2012. It was launched back in 2004 by Essel Group's Zee Entertainment Enterprises. Dish TV also provides mobile satellite TV on vehicles, trains and aircraft. It launched its high definition service called Dish truHD in the year 2010.
- AIRTEL DIGITAL TV: Rated as the best DTH service in India in a review by Living Digital Magazine on 2 December 2008. It was launched on 8 October, 2008 by Bharti Airtel. As of 13 December 2012, Airtel has total 304 Channels and Services including 17 HD channels. It also provides a Pay Per View interactive service that includes a catalogue of movies in English, Hindi as well as Regional languages.
- TATA SKY: Tata Sky was incorporated in 2004 but was launched only in 2006. Is a joint venture between the Tata Sons and STAR India. It currently offers close to 196 channels and some interactive ones; including some numbers of HD channels offered as Tata Sky-HD.
- SUN DIRECT: Sun Direct offered subscribers a satellite dish and Set-top box for free and basic monthly plan as minimum as Rs.75 (approximately). Currently the basic monthly plan costs Rs.143 (approximately). Owing to lowest pricing of any DTH services in India making this the second largest DTH service provider of India. Sun Direct is a joint venture between the Maran's Sun Network family and the Astro Group of Malaysia.
- RELIANCE DIGITAL TV: Reliance digital TV limited is a part of Reliance Communications Ltd., owned by his son Anil Ambani. It currently offers close to 250 channels and many interactive ones, 32 cinema halls (i.e. Pay Per View Cinema Channels) as well as many Radio channels.
- VIDEOCON D2H: Videocon d2h offers 400+ channels and services which include 22 Asli “HD” channels, 1 3D channel and 21 Active Music Services; provided by the Videocon Group.
Apart from the list of various channels; all these service providers provide a set of interactive services like interactive learning classes for children, cookery shows, etc and pay per view interactive channels which includes movies on demand, etc. these interactive services vary from one DTH provider to another. With a number of DTH service providers, consumers have the choice to choose the best out of all that suits their pockets and needs.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Recharge1 is fast growing DTH recharge provider. You can recharge your dish tv online through recharge1.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated