These are tried and tested recipes - Bon Appetit from The UK Recipe Archive!!
Ayam Gorem (Deep Fried Chicken With A Sweet Sauce)
500 g chicken breast,(boneless)
2 Tbs soya sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 red chilli,(crushed)
2 Tbs sugar
oil for deep frying
1. Slice the chicken into cubes and add the soya sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper and marinate for 1-2 hours.
2. Secondly, prepare the sweet sauce. Heat a tsp of oil in a wok or pot and add the crushed chilli, the onion, the sugar , one tsp salt, some water and cornflour to thicken. Stir well.
3. Preheat the oil in a wok or pan and add in the chicken piece by piece, turning it around periodically and fry until golden brown. Serve with the sweet sauce hot or cold.
Chicken And Passata Casserole
2 Tbs olive oil with a hint of garlic
4 skin-on chicken breast fillets, halved
1 g bag shallots, peeled and halved (8oz)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 g jar passata
1 g pac fresh thyme, chopped (1/2 oz)
1 green and 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and sliced
12 pitted black olives
1. Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the chicken and shallots & fry until lightly browned. Drain off excess oil.
2. Pour over the passata, add most of the fresh thyme and seasoning and stir well.
3. Place in a preheated oven 180 C, 350 F, Gas Mark 4 for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the peppers and olives and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle over the remaining thyme and serve with Italian bread.
Author Note: A simple, full-flavoured supper dish.
Chicken With Paw Paw Sauce
15 g butter, (1/2oz)
1 Tbs oil
4 g skinless chicken breast fillets (4oz)
1 onion, chopped
15 g cornflour, (1/2oz)
300 ml milk, (1/2 pint)
1 chicken stock cube
1 Tbs freshly chopped basil
125 ml apple juice, (4fl.oz)
1 paw paw
freshly chopped basil to garnish
1. Melt butter and oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and chicken and fry over a moderate heat for 5 minutes.
2. Blend the cornflour with a little of the milk and add to the pan with the remaining milk, stock cube and basil. Bring to the boil, add the apple juice, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
4. Peel, deseed and slice the paw paw. Reserving 2 slices for garnishing, puree the remainder with the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add seasoning and return to the pan and reheat gently.
5. Serve with the sauce poured over the chicken and garnished with the reserved paw paw slices and chopped basil.
Author Note: A delicious combination of sweet and savoury. Ideally served with wild rice and baby seasonal vegetables.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
James Lanka is the owner of The UK Recipe Archive, where you can download his large collection of UK television recipes. Also available are some internet marketing opportunities by clicking here
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated