With the advent of technology, children are gradually disregarding the traditional toys that they have at home. They are not fond anymore of playing with toys that their parents buy, such as toy guns, puzzle, balls and many more. They prefer something innovative, the computer games and the PlayStation in particular.
Although it enhances the thinking skills of the children and they can already jive with the recent development in technology, parents are quite alarm with the arrival of the play station. They notice that it creates violence in the mind of the children. The games are quite sarcastic, it teaches children to use prohibited weapons and some tactics.
This particularly concerns those young individuals who are still minors. Older people know what they are doing. The exposure of the young generation into this kind of game brings fear to their parents.
As an elder, you are responsible for checking the ratings at the back of each game. Just like movies, you have to classify whether a particular game is suited for their age or not.
Some of the major classifications of games in play station are the following.
• A fighting game- It features some strategies used by the players on how to win a game. You must also be meticulous in choosing the right game for your kids, avoid those that inflicts violence. Better, go for those that can stimulate their mental capabilities.
• Fables- This type is the most appropriate for the young kids as early as their one year old. It is quite a long game on which at the end, the main character will turn into either a hero or a villain. At least, this game is more of a childlike approach.
• Far Cry Instinct - This is the battle of the heroes. It is oftentimes referred as an adventure game for rivals.
• Resident Evil- Certainly, it is not advisable for very young children because this game features the scariest scene. One of the characters is a flesh-eating mammal.
• War games- This is another game that is not advisable for children that are still minors. The characters are terrorists and depict a chaotic environment.
Those are just some of the classification of the games in your play station. Talking about the game rating system, it has also its types. If you see that it is marked by ‘M’ the game is exclusive for 17 years old and above only. However, if you see ‘T’ it means it is for teens. Lastly, ‘E’ is a game for everybody without age limitations.
There is a grave reason for considering matters like this, not simply for doing what is right but by teaching your children as well on how to become a better person. You cannot blame that the technology is rapidly changing. As the years go by more technological innovations, even for child's play will be invented.
As parents, you will serve as their guide in molding your children towards goodness. The development of the present civilization should not be a hindrance in performing your obligation towards them. Do not let these play stations ruin your child’s upbringing because of the violence that it may present to him.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
S. Stammberger is editor of A1
Computer Games. Find xbox, playstation 2 and video games resources, demos, and reviews.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated