The word “retreat” had a negative connotation in the ancient times. It meant withdrawal, an admission of defeat in wars. But, today, things have changed a lot. Retreat is considered to be something good; an opportunity to retreat from the everyday pressures. However, to be able to enjoy the benefits retreats have to offer, you should know the available options. Here are some beneficial observations in this regard.
1. Personal retreat - During this type of retreat, you are left to yourself. But, know that you would have little or no communication with the others residing in the retreat center.
2. Social retreats - This variant allows you to talk to those around you. However, the time may be limited. Explore your choice California retreat center and search what would work for you.
3. Silent retreats - here, you remain silent during the entire retreat or at a specified time. The requirements may vary depending on the kind of facility you choose. If you decide to spend the time in Old Mission San Luis Rey, you are allowed to go for either two; partial or complete silence.
4. Yoga and ayurvedic retreats - These types of retreats are offered generally in spas or other luxurious accommodations. Here, songs of birds wake you up in the morning. After a breakfast made from items available in the locality, you are required to practice yoga. This may make you sweat a bit. At the end of the day, you are sure to feel refreshed and revitalized.
5. Meditation - This form of retreat is becoming increasingly popular nowadays. Old Mission San Luis Rey is the ideal place to spend some time in meditation. Register for a quiet Monday. Except for the meals, you are allowed to be yourself doing whatever you want. Located in a scenic surrounding, this California retreat center welcomes you to experience the presence of God.
6. Massage retreats - These are ideal if you want to feel pampered for some time in a tranquil atmosphere. People opt for massage retreats at the end of an exciting vacation. This would not only refresh one’s mind, but would help a person experience an overall well-being.
7. Preached retreat - If you are a Catholic, you would find this type of retreat quite beneficial. Here, a preacher would give a sermon on a theme from the bible in the morning. You are allowed to attend mass or receive the sacrament of reconciliation if you want. The next sermon would be in the afternoon. At the end of the week, you are offered an opportunity to spend some time with your retreat master.
Your options are vast when it comes to selecting a type of retreat. Evaluate your requirements and know what would be best for you. This may appear time-consuming. But, the effort is worth taking. Know that if the choice is made careful, you would enjoy the lasting effect of a good retreat; a renewed self.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Surf the Internet and explore your options. sanluisrey.org/retreats/"> San Luis Rey Retreat Center will be there among the first few result pages. Attend a retreat there once; you would never forget the experience.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated