Living a healthy lifestyle has become an important way of life for many Americans. This health-conscious lifestyle combined with the excitement of creating delicious sugar-free desserts has made baking much more enjoyable. There are thousands of recipes available, allowing you to create almost any snack imaginable. Baking supplies are an important part of any recipe as they allow you to bake your dessert properly and with the best chance at great tasting results. Many types of baking supplies are available and the best choice for your dessert varies depending on the recipe and ingredients. For example, mixing bowls and baking pans are available in many styles such as stainless steel or ceramic, all of which can be used to bake sugar-free desserts.
Baking Supplies for Cookies
Cookies are a favorite among bakers because they are fun to make and taste great upon exiting the oven. Cookies are especially popular around holidays such as Christmas. Most households bake Christmas cookies in many varieties and flavors. A sugar free chocolate chip cookie recipe consists of the following ingredients: butter or margarine, brown sugar, Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, vanilla extract, eggs, flour, baking soda, salt and semi-sweet chocolate chips. After gathering your ingredients, there are several pieces of equipment needed to help ease your baking process. The following list contains some equipment ideas for creating your sugar free cookies.
Mixing Bowls and When Each Type Should be Used
Mixing bowls are available in several types and varieties. Several choices of mixing bowls are stainless steel, ceramic, glass, wood, plastic and copper. With so many to choose from, it can be difficult to understand which type of mixing bowl works best for your baking needs.
1) Stainless steel is the most popular type of mixing bowl because it can be used for most general mixing needs.
2) Ceramic mixing bowls are an excellent choice for baking breads and dough. Another use for Ceramic mixing bowls is to serve your desserts if they require staying in the bowl.
3) Glass mixing bowls are ideal for mixing small amounts of ingredients. You may also serve a glass bowl inside a larger bowl as this creates a more formal delivery for your creation.
4) Wood mixing bowls are recommended for serving salads and other vegetable mixtures.
5) Copper mixing bowls a great choice for mixing eggs. This is due to a tight bond created between the copper and the sulfur contained in the egg white.
6) Plastic mixing bowls are a good choice for mixing your baking ingredients. They are also useful because you can microwave them without causing any problems.
There is a big selection when it comes to deciding which type of mixing bowl you need and this mainly depends on what you are going to be baking. When baking sugar-free desserts, it is recommended to purchase a stainless steel or glass mixing bowl. Both choices provide versatility allowing you to use either bowl for your baking needs.
How to Choose a Baking Pan
A baking pan is important and using the wrong baking pan can cause your dessert to turn out poorly. Be sure to check your recipe carefully because it may state which type of pan is needed. If it is not specified, consider the following list:
1) A Springform pan is an excellent choice for cheesecakes, frozen desserts and tortes. The Springform pan should be considered for these desserts because the sides and bottom are removable allowing an easy way to remove your cake. This also prevents damage to the pan.
2) A Glass baking pan allows you to see the food while it is cooking. Glass pans may require you to reduce the heat by 25 Degrees. This is because a glass pan absorbs heat.
3) Silicon bake pans can be used in a traditional oven or a microwave oven. These pans are flexible and withstand temperatures up to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit.
4) A Bundt pan has curved ridges along the inside of the pan. These ridges are excellent for cakes.
Baking is a popular hobby enjoyed by many and understanding the basics is extremely important towards successfully baking your favorite dessert. Baking pans and mixing bowls are two important items needed when beginning to bake your snack. Your recipe may provide instructions about which mixing bowl or baking pan to use. If it is not stated in your recipe, check the ingredients that you will mix and choose the best product based on your recipe. These products are all good choices and they can be used to bake many products whether it is cookies, cakes or muffins. The necessary ingredients for your creation are also important supplies to consider especially if you are looking to create a sugar-free dessert. Sugar free snacks are great tasting treats that help you live a healthy lifestyle. When baking a sugar free dessert, it is recommended to use Splenda because it adds the correct amount of sweetness to your snack, and is calorie-free. Next time you decide to bake a delicious dessert, keep these tips in mind and you should be able to choose the correct supplies based on your recipe.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Rachel Jackson is a freelance writer, who specializes in writing about cooking and weight loss techniques, sometimes discussing specific products such as Splenda.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated