Repeating affirmations is a self-talk method that has a powerful affect on everyone's life. Affirmations are effective, because the mind regards often-repeated thoughts and phrases as commands, and starts looking for ways to manifest them in our lives. The mind does not make distinctions between negative and positive self-talk, and treats them both in the same way.
You can use self-talk to your advantage, if you know how. You can fill your mind with positive thoughts, and channel its power toward achievement and success. You can do so by repeating affirmations, instead of occupying the mind with useless or negative thinking.
Affirmations are a powerful mental programming technique, which is not appreciated enough and is not well understood. There is a lot of information available on this subject nowadays, but few really know how to use it correctly, and fewer even try. To some, it seems just as a useless and impractical theory, but when well understood, it puts wonderful and powerful tools into your hands.
Affirm means to "make firm". By affirming, you make a positive statement that your goal is already accomplished. An affirmation that is often repeated gets into the subconscious mind, which then uses it enormous power to find ways to make the affirmation come true.
We reap whatever our conscious mind sows onto the subconscious mind. Through affirmations we shape ourselves and our lives, according to the image that the words of the affirmation create, be it good or bad.
Give affirmations a try. You have nothing to lose, but only to gain. Try them for a couple of months and see if your life improves.
In order to use affirmations, some basic knowledge is required.
1. The subconscious mind does not recognize the future tense. When you use affirmations, you should always speak using the present tense. You want to achieve your goal now, not in some indefinable future time. Affirm by using phrases, which imply that what you want to happen is happening in your life right now. For example, if your goal is to find a job, don't say, "I will have a job", but say, "I have a well paying and wonderful job, which I love and enjoy".
2. Affirmations need to be positive and made up of positive words.
3. Affirmations should be specific. Tell your mind exactly what it is that you want.
4. It is advisable to keep the affirmations short and easy to remember.
5. You should also include feelings. You should feel that the affirmation is true. Feelings and emotions are the life force of your words. You have to believe what you are saying. You have to convince your mind that the affirmation is true. This is very important if you want to obtain results.
6. You may repeat affirmations at any time you want or at special times during the day. Immediately after waking up and before falling asleep are two very appropriate times, as at these times it is easier to get to the subconscious mind.
7. You may affirm aloud, mentally or by writing down the affirmations.
These are just basic instructions, but they will surely bring you results, if you follow them sincerely. If you want to reap the full value of the power of affirmations, there is much more to know and do. You can find complete guidance, instructions and advice, as well a list of affirmations appropriate for almost every goal or situation in the book Affirmations - Words of Power, available
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Did you find this article useful? For more useful tips and hints, points to ponder and keep in mind, techniques, and insights pertaining to Internet Business, do please browse for more information at our websites.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated