These days it is pretty simple to quickly weigh up the travel insurance market and choose a suitable product. The majority of people who buy travel insurance have no problems.
But inevitably there are some who arenít quite sure of what they need. And letís face it, there are probably some aspects of travel insurance that most of us havenít got a clue about. Here are a few frequently asked questions about the whole thing:
1. Is having a job whilst travelling okay? Well, not really, especially if itís full-time. Some policies allow casual work such as fruit picking, mainly because of the backpacker market. But you never know what contacting the insurer will do. They may be able to work something out.
2. I forgot to get insurance. Can I buy it after I leave? Technically you must be still in your home country when you buy your policy. As soon as you pass through airport security you are classed as having left the country. Buy before you fly.
3. What if I want to cancel my travel insurance after purchase? As with many contractual obligations, travel insurance has a two-week period in which you can return the product for a full refund. You canít have used the insurance, though.
4. I have a complex medical history. Do I need to inform my provider? You need to be totally honest with your travel insurance provider for your insurance to be legitimate. Should you need treatment and they find out that you havenít been honest, they may refuse to pay for the treatment.
5. Can I get a refund on my holiday if the tour operator goes bust? In the current financial climate this is a major concern. This is something that varies from travel insurance policy to travel insurance policy, so check the small print and ask your insurer.
Asking these questions before buying travel insurance should clear up any confusion. If your needs are straightforward, buying insurance is a quick and easy process, but ensure that there are no circumstances that could invalidate your policy.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Visit etravelinsurance.co.uk for your student travel insurance and get an instant quote backpackers travel insurance and buy online from our safe secure and easy to use website, or if you have any special requirements or need to cover a pre-existing medical condition you can talk to one of friendly call centre staff.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated