Bone health is one of the most important aspects of a women’s health. This is due to the fact that ignoring bone health may result in a lot of diseases and injuries, the most dreaded of which is osteoporosis. Although a lot has been said about the debilitating effects of osteoporosis, it may not be entirely too late to protect one from it.
Ways to Make Women’s Bones Healthier
The onset of menopause can truly aggravate bone loss in women. If untreated, it will lead in time to stooping posture, injuries, as well as possible damages to the spinal cord. However, there are ways by which a woman can prevent the onset of bone loss or at least minimize the damage. Here are some of them:
* Nutrition. This is the most important factor to consider for better bone health for women. Where nutrition is concerned, the diet should include calcium, iron, and potassium. These three nutrients are very vital for a woman to have good bone health. In their absence, the bones become prone to fracture and being weak in structure. Although these nutrients can be obtained from food supplements, doctors recommend that one obtain the fresh variety in the form of fish, vegetables, and fruits.
* Vitamin D. Vitamin D is obtainable from nature through fresh sunshine. However, there are other sources for them such as eggs, milk, and dairy products. When the body has enough vitamin D, calcium absorption becomes faster. In its absence, the body’s daily intake of vitamin C is rendered useless as this is not properly absorbed by the body.
* Regular Exercise. Exercising regularly helps strengthen bones. For best results, it is recommended that one exercise under fresh sunshine early in the morning. Because women are at greater risk to bone diseases, it is a must that they exercise regularly.
* Watching One’s Posture. This is one of the most neglected aspects of bone health. When people are still young, they seldom pay attention to their posture, reasoning that any wrong posture will do no damage to their young bodies. This belief should be eliminated because wrong posture can bring serious complications later. Moreover, when proper posture is not observed, the bones become prone to fracture that may cause internal infections and other grave consequences.
* Avoid Lifting Heavy Weights. While lifting weights make for good exercise, one should make sure that the weight is something that one can easily handle. In any case, it is often not the weight itself that counts but the repetitions made. For household chores, one should avoid lifting heavy loads that can cause a burden on the bones.
* Avoid Smoking and Drinking. These vices are known to weaken the bones by introducing toxins to the body. Moreover, they may deprive the body of certain nutrients that are very vital to bone health. Instead of drinking alcoholic beverages, one should consume fresh fruit juices.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Abortion Clinics. Dr. James S. Pendergraft opened the Ocala Abortion Clinics in March 1996 to provide a full range of health care for women, including abortion clinics in orlando, physical examinations, family planning, counseling, laboratory services and sexually transmitted disease.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated