Successful SEO needs time, patience and consistency. If you are focusing on only one method of link building, you are not doing the best job. A lot of webmasters and SEOs think that concentrating on only one aspect of link building gives maximum results. In my opinion, you should try out every single technique related to link building and then keep only the ones that stick.
Here are some of the most important link building methods currently used by serious online marketers. While every method is different, having a good mix of these methods will ensure that your rankings keep increasing consistently:
1. High PR page links: This method is the most powerful out there! If you can manage to get an inbound link from a high PR page, you will increase your rankings dramatically. The only disadvantage of this method is that it is very costly to implemend.
2. High PR website links: Another effective method for increasing your relevancy and rankings. These links are easier to get, because some websites just allow you tou submit your URL to them.
3. Article marketing: Article marketing is more of a long-term investment. I would suggest writing one article a day for your website and submitting it to at least 100 article directories through an article submission software such as Article Post Robot.
4. Social bookmarking: This method can be quite effective if you know how to use it. Make sure you use an automated software such as Bookmarking Demon to submit your unique content to hundreds of social bookmarking websites out there. You should be careful not to submit the same page again and again or you might be banned from the website(s).
5. Press release distribution: If you have a unique product or service, sending out a press release will ensure that you get interested people on your website in the least amount of time. Some established companies send out a press release every week to tell the public about their new products or service. This is a great way to increase your online exposure.
6. Directory submissions: A used and abused way, which now causes more damage than it helps. Most directories are now considered to be glorified link farms, which hold only links and no actual content. If you submit your website to too many low quality directories, you can be sure to get penalized. In short, stay away from this method.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Learn which SEO techniques work and which do not work on our Link Building Blog
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated