It's not always easy to choose the right type of birdcage for your cockatiel, especially if you've never owned one for the birds. In order for cockatiel to live happily and safely, then there are some specific things you need to know about their cages. I have provided you with five tips to help you pick the right birdcage for your cockatiel.
1. Space for Your Cockatiel - When you're thinking of buying and cockatiel birdcage, it has to have the right amount of space for the bird. Your little bird has to have plenty of room to stretch and flap its wings. You also need to consider the height of the cages you don't want your cockatiels tail to drag on the floor or get hung up on anything.
2. Cage Size - You need to think about the types of toys and other items you're going to put in the cage when you're trying to do decide on the size of it. Items such as perches, toys, and food and water dishes can take up a lot of space, so try not to clutter it up too much.
3. The Spacing of the Bars - You must make sure that the bars are close enough together that the cockatiel cannot get its head through them. You could use the general rule of thumb of no more than one half finished three quarters of an inch wide, this is a good guideline to follow.
4. Bar Layout - Cockatiels love to get around the cage by climbing so you need to make sure that the cage you buy has verticle bars positioned so he can get around well. Cockatiels absolutely need these verticle bars on their cages so do not buy a cage without them.
5. Cleaning Made Easy - You need to make sure to buy a cage that is easy to clean, this will make it easier on you as well as make it healthier for the bird. Having a cage with a removable plastic tray on the bottom is a really good idea. This removable tray will make it less of a chore for you to clean the cage, so you'd be more apt to do it on a regular basis, which would be healthier for the bird.
If you use the steps in your decision-making process for buying a cockatiel birdcage, you won't go wrong with your purchase. Besides these simple tips there are a lot of different shapes and styles of cockatiel birdcages and in the end it will boil down to what you like, and what you can afford.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
It doesn't have to be an ordeal to find the right cockatiel birdcage. Check out the listings of quality cages at www.cockatielbirdcage.com
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated