When it comes to home and garden decor, it's easy to fall into a rut. There's only so much time in the day, and between work, taking care of the kids, and running errands, who has the energy to redecorate? Plus, with the prices of everything from gas to groceries going through the roof, who has the money to do renovations or complete makeovers?
The good news is that freshening up your home decor doesn't have to break the bank - and it certainly doesn't need to take up a lot of time and energy. Here are five easy ways to spruce up your surroundings and make the time you spend at home more comfortable and relaxing.
1. Indulge your senses. We're blessed with five senses, but our decorating choices often only address what's in our line of vision. One way to bring another dimension to our living space is to select aromatic candles, incense, or warming oil that infuses the air with beautiful scents. There are so many from which to choose, each of which can convey a different feeling.
2. Bring the outdoors in. Increasingly, people are choosing to move the boundaries of their homes by decorating outdoor patios and yards as an extension of their family rooms and bedrooms. The soothing sounds of wind chimes and fountains, and the beauty of lawn accents will make you want to spend more time outdoors, and give you the feeling that your home has doubled in size.
3. Display your collectibles. Whether you collect figurines or baseball bats, porcelain dolls or Star Wars memorabilia, displaying your collectibles can change the mood of a room. Afterwards, you'll feel more comfortable and relaxed as you're surrounded by the things you love.
4. Use seasonal decor. You can change the tone of a room with a few simple changes. Using seasonal decor, such as a new set of throw pillows or new wall art, is a great way to transform your living space. Use one set of home decor accents in the spring, and then switch them out in the fall.
5. Add a few extra touches. Sometimes, freshening up your home decor is simply a matter of adding a few items. It's kind of like using cosmetics or other health and beauty products - but for your home. For example, the right lighting can convey a variety of moods, while decorative plants can add lushness to a sterile space. Suncatchers will brighten things up, while mirrors can make a room appear larger.
When it comes to finding the right source for home and garden decor, your best bet is to shop online. Instead of going to the big box retailers, it's best to find a site that is family owned an operated, and that is committed to providing a large product line at reasonable prices. With the right site, you should even be able to take advantage of special promotions, like weekly specials and monthly buy-one-get-one promotions.
Keep in mind that freshening up your home doesn't require a lot of time and money. With the right items at the right prices, you can create a haven that you'll be glad to come home to.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Chris Robertson is an author of Majon International, one of the worlds MOST popular internet marketing companies.
For tips/information, click here: Home and Garden Decor
Visit Majon's Home and Garden directory.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated