Whether you own an F150 truck, a Crown Victoria, or a sporty Mustang, it's inevitable that you'll need Ford parts at some point in your vehicle's life. Maybe you're a weekend mechanic, or perhaps you simply want to give your new Ford a personal touch. Either way, thanks to the Internet, you don't have to rely on your local dealer to supply you with Ford genuine parts.
Indeed, you can take advantage of the reliability of Motorcraft parts with a few clicks of your mouse - and reap a number of benefits in the process. A positive online buying experience, however, depends upon finding the right online source for Ford motor parts and Ford accessories. Here five tips to help you find a reputable and dependable online parts distributor.
1. Stick with Genuine Ford Parts. Don't mess around with car and truck parts that aren't made specifically by Ford for Fords. It's simply not worth the risk to your vehicle. Buying only Ford OEM parts will help ensure that your car or truck stays in top condition, and helps protect the integrity of any warranties on your vehicle.
2. Find the Right Price. Online distributors of Motorcraft parts don't have the overhead expenses of your local dealership, so they should offer you wholesale or below wholesale prices. If the prices of the new Ford OEM parts you find online aren't lower than those you find locally, keep searching.
3. Quick Turnaround. If your car or truck needs a part, you don't want to wait forever to have it shipped. The best online sources for Ford parts have a huge inventory and ship within 24 hours of the time you place your order. Even if the online store doesn't stock the part you ordered, they should be able to get it and ship it within that 24-hour window.
4. Shipping Policy. Make sure that the site has a clear shipping policy. It should offer less expensive ground shipments, as well as costlier second-day and next-day shipments. Typically, shipping costs are calculated as a percentage of the total order, with a minimum shipping charge. Because some Ford OEM parts are oversized or heavy, expect to pay extra shipping charges for those parts. A reputable online distributor will provide you with a shipping quote before you place your order.
5. Easy Search Capabilities. There's nothing more frustrating than not being able to find the Ford parts or accessories that you need. The online distributor that you choose should give you easy search capabilities. Ideally, it should start with giving you the ability to enter the year, make and model of your Ford vehicle. From there, you should be able to search in a number of different ways. You should be able to, for example, browse a hierarchy, such as first selecting "Fuel System," then drilling down to "Fuel Supply," and then to "Fuel Pump." You should also be able to search by keyword or part number. Furthermore, the search function should have clear instructions to help you easily access the Ford parts that you're seeking.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Chris Robertson is an author of Majon International, one of the worlds MOST popular internet marketing companies.
For tips/information, click here: Ford Parts
Visit Majon's Automotive directory.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated