Trust me, you need all the help you can get to get employers excited about you. Its not that you aren’t qualified or that you don’t deserve to get that pharmaceutical job of your dreams, its just that competition is fierce out there and you’ve got to use ingenuity and a whole lot of creativity to get noticed. In this brief article, we will tell you 5 ways that you can get noticed by potential employers.
1. First of all, make sure that résumé and cover letter are the best that they can be and help you stand out from the crowd. After all, you only have a few short moments to make a great first impression. In addition, your cover letter and résumé are a direct reflection of your uniqueness and abilities so you need to make sure that they are absolutely powerful documents. To really help you stand out from the crowd, you might consider using a fancy brochure-style résumés or one that includes a professional photograph. Cleverly accentuate your exceptional accomplishments, unique educational background, savvy sales skills, etc.
2. Second, use fonts and headlines to your advantage. Don’t be afraid to use color and fancy fonts (but don’t go overboard). Instead us a dash of color and ingenuity to accent the positive. For instance, if you have over 20+ years of sales experience, highlight this in the Summary of Qualifications section and make sure that you put it in bold.
3. Third, figure out how to network with someone influential at the company that you’re interested in. One great suggestion is to ask for an informational interview where you can find out in-depth information about the position that you’re interested in. For example, if you’re seeking a pharmaceutical sales job, see if you can meet with one of the key salespeople at the company and then you can casually mention that you’re interested in working there. They’ll hopefully direct you to Human Resources or tell you about an opening. What a great way to get your foot in the door.
4. Fourth, use ingenuity when sending out your résumé package. Don’t be afraid to use a bold colored envelopes or send your resume special delivery. Also be open to using dimensional mailers including tubes, boxes and packages. By doing this, you’ll demonstrate that your mail is special and that it stands out from the crowd.
5. Fifth, instead of including a simple résumé and cover letter in your package, be a bit more creative. Include a photo calling card, a pen with your sales slogan, an airplane with the theme (hire me and watch your sales soar) or something else. The key here is to be ingenious and creative while demonstrating that you have what it takes to excel at creative sales.
In conclusion, there are many creative ways to get noticed by employers. You simply have to be willing to think outside the box and use creative measures to get your package in the right hands. Once you do, it will be smooth sailing to your dream sales position.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Ryan Stewart has coached hundreds to pharma sales success(and he's done it all for free). To jump-start your pharmaceutical sales career go to pharmaceutical-sales-representative.com
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated