Choosing a DJ for your event can be difficult. You want the right kind of music and ambiance. The music is the major factor which sets the mood for your event. To ensure that you choose correctly here are a few things to consider.
1. Sourcing your list of potential DJ's - It is best to get a list of potential candidates from people you know and other events you have attended. The venues may also be able to help with this list.
2. Meet them in person - This will give you an idea of their professionalism and music tastes. It will also give you an opportunity to discuss the theme and genre of music you prefer.
3. Request testimonials - An experienced DJ will be able to provide you with many names of parties or events they worked at.
4. Request their song selection - This is important, as you want a DJ with a larger selection of songs, so as to handle requests on the night.
5. Ask the DJ if they have played at you venue before - It is essential that the DJ is familiar with the venues and sound restrictions they have.
6. Check whether the DJ has the appropriate sound equipment for your event - Most professional DJ's own their equipment and can cater to the size of the venue.
7. Enquire about lighting and stage effects - most professional event DJ's will be able to provide these.
8. Once you have short listed you candidates, attend an event at which your DJ is playing at to gage their professionalism
9. Provide the event DJ with a list of your expectations - such as time of the event , event itinerary, location and set up time
10. Have a contract in place to document your negotiation and to avoid miscommunication on the night
The Perfect event DJ will be flexible and able to read the energy of your event or party. A good DJ will take requests from the crowd and also able to change the music up if the energy is low. It is the event DJ's responsibility to keep the party or event fun, lively and everyone on the dance floor.
For more information visit http://www.nusuevents.com.au
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Nariman Taweel is an accomplished Trainer and Entrepreneur. To view more articles on events and event planning visit www.nusuevents.com.au
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated