Thanks to President Obama and his belief that all people deserve a higher education, he has included money in the stimulus package to help moms return to college. What does this mean? Here are some facts to help you make the right decision.
1. Grant money never has to be paid back. It is yours for any educational expense, including your living expenses, while you are in college.
2. Pell Grant awards are at an all time high of almost $10,000.00 per year.
3. You can use your money at any of other 8,000 colleges and technical school.
4. Many online colleges also accept federal grant money for tuition.
5. People with a higher education, earn more money.
6. Single mothers are perhaps the most underpaid, overworked sector of our population.
7. Obama has also challenged schools to give out more of their own federal money in the form of scholarships and grants to qualified moms.
8. A college education increases a person's feelings of self-worth.
9. Children who have a college educated parent are more likely to attend college.
10. People who have a college degree are more likely to give back to their community through donations of money and volunteer time.
As you can see, the benefits of a college education extend far beyond that of increased earning potential. People with a college degree also tend to be more satisfied in their chosen field because they are doing what they are passionate about.
Check out the opportunities by doing a quick search online. You will receive all the information you need to make an intelligent decision; the right decision.
Did you know you can get a $10,000 scholarship for Moms just for registering? Apply right now for free: Scholarships for Moms
Additional Articles From - Home
| Finance Articles