1. A white suite is a must in any modern bathroom. Olive green and gaudy yellow suites are almost impossible to make look good and belong in the past. It's much more sensible – not to mention stylish – to opt for a simple white suite which will match any décor your heart desires.
2. Similarly, white tiles are a great choice for bathrooms. Swirly or flowery patterns will quickly become outdated and are incredibly difficult to replace without extensive work. If you hanker for a bit of colour in your bathroom, you can play around with highlights in other elements of the room, but it's best to stick to white tiles for a timeless, classic look.
3. Dark grey or deep blue bath towels are a great choice for adding a splash of colour while still keeping it classy. And they're easy to replace if you decide you want a different colour scheme in your bathroom! They're also much easier to keep clean than standard white towels.
4. Simple, natural decorations such as a glass bowl of pebbles or a small piece of driftwood and some shells can add character and give warmth to even the plainest of bathrooms. Choose just one or two items to display, so they can have pride of place in your bathroom instead of becoming lost among hoards of clutter.
5. An orchid is a fabulous accompaniment to any natural decorations you choose to adorn your bathroom with. Orchids thrive in misty, humid environments, so your bathroom will be perfect for keeping an orchid in good health, as long as it gets plenty of natural light (but not direct sunlight).
6. Wooden or wicker storage units are ideal for storing your beauty products and other bathroom items. Keeping clutter out of sight will create a serene feel to the room, and a simple set of drawers is a fantastic solution for keeping things to hand while still maintaining that clutter-free feeling.
7. A frosted-effect shower curtain is stylish and simple, and will help pull together the rest of the room. Often shower curtains are garish or feature novelty patterns, but a frosted-effect curtain, or even a translucent or plain white curtain will add a simple elegance to the room without detracting from its overall beauty.
8. Clutter-free is the name of the game when it comes to minimalist designs. Why not decant soaps and shampoos into stylish chrome dispensers to add a touch of class? Or if chrome's not your thing, there are plenty of other lovely options available, including wooden or glass dispensers.
9. No room is complete without at least one framed picture. Choose a simple frame to house a black and white photograph of a coastal panorama or a close-up of some sealife, and display it prominently on your bathroom wall.
10. Candles are the final touch needed to finish off the harmonious, natural feel of the room. Fill the bath with bubbles, put on some classical music, and sink into the tub to enjoy a relaxing candlelit evening in your serene, stylish new bathroom.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Want to do up your bathroom? Searching for the best expert in bathroom renovations Canberra has to offer? Click
to know more about bathroom renovations.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated