GPS systems are becoming more and more popular today and there are many benefits of using them for golf. Some of these benefits include:
1. You can using one to make calculations to determine different course targets and distances. Doing this without a GPS is one of the harder parts of playing golf.
2. Using a GPS on the golf course provides players with many distances, the most import being the one to the green you are playing.
3. You can play almost anywhere. You no longer have to worry if it is your first time on a course about not knowing the distances. Many systems come preloaded with maps or you can download many from the internet.
4. You will find you shoot lower scores and improve your handicap
5. Many have built in programs that will even analyze your play after a game.
6. Many have built in programs that will even analyze your play after a game.
7. You will find using one speeds up your game.
8. With a GPS you will also gain confidence because you will know the distance that each of your clubs hits.
9. Golf GPS systems are very useful when you hit a wayward shot. If you ball lands somewhere you would ordinarily have a problem determining the distance to the green, the GPS will help you know distances.
10. You will also find that you enjoy your game more because you are playing it well, have less stress and make all your friends jealous.
The best types of courses to use these on are ones with fewer trees as the GPS receiver needs a good view of the sky. Golf GPS systems are becoming widely available and are reasonably priced.