Oktoberfest is the worlds largest festival taking place over 16 days in September and October. Why not throw your own Oktoberfest party with the help of these Oktoberfest party ideas:
1. Get some cardboard to make your invitations. Cut out shapes of lederhosen, beer goggles, beer glasses, beer kegs, beer steins and bratwurst. Remember to say on your invites that they will be charged an admittance fee if they fail to dress up!
2. For costumes, guys get to wear the awful lederhosen. Hold them up with some braces and you will look truly ridiculous. Get yourself a hat with feather and some knee height socks and you are set to go!
3. For the ladies, you should consider dressing up in a traditional alpine peasant girl costume. This includes a tight bodice and a lacy blouse.
4. The Bavarian flag is of blue and white, so get plenty of decorations including balloons in these colors.
5. Try and make your venue look like a traditional brau haus bier keller! You can do this with long wooden tables and benches stretching right across the room!
6. Cut out bratwursts, lederhosen, beer glasses and beer kegs from cardboard and hang them from the ceiling. If you're ambitious, you can also hang gingerbread men up too.
7. Get some German flags to hang on the walls. Also get plenty of mini versions to place on the tables.
8. You could hire a brass band to play traditional beer hall music, provided its in your budget.
9. Some traditional German food you should serve would be; sausage stuffed mushrooms, garlic bread, weiner schnitzel, bratwurst, nuremburger, sauerkraut, gingerbread, apple strudel and black forest cake.
10. Of course, the most important element of any Oktoberfest party is the beer. Make sure you stock up with plenty! Make sure it is German beer! There will be people wanting to try many different sorts of beer so get in a variety.
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
I hope you have found some useful Oktoberfest Party Ideas here as well as inspiration for your theme party! We also have many more Oktoberfest Party Ideas to help you with your party preparations and enable you to throw the best Oktoberfest party ever that your guests and yourself will remember forever!
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Family Articles