Just being a member of several social networking sites because your sponsor or business coach told you to doesn't mean you are automatically going to make your home business successful.
Twitter is the latest craze that is all the rage right now, and just like all the others, everyone is flocking to it without really understanding how to harness its power. So, I’m going to share with you 10 dirty little secrets that work for ALL social networks alike that will pull in leads like a big game fisherman casting a wide net in the ocean.
1. Tell your personal story on your profile page – avoid putting up a bunch of content about your business or your products. People want to see the REAL you, so open up and get comfy. When people visit your profile they want to learn more about you, not your business. Plus writing something personal will give them something they can connect with.
2. Join specific groups that are targeted for your business – this is where you can begin to identify your target audience. You can do a search in the sites group section using your target keywords to find them and you will want to join them all. More about that in a minute.
3. Now that you have joined a few groups it's time to start bringing some real value by writing some content. People are always looking for help, tips, tricks and other creative ideas to help generate leads. You need to be consistent and compelling otherwise no one will want to visit your page.
4. Post your content on all the groups that you belong to – not everyone that is part of one group belongs to all the others, so make sure to spread your knowledge around in mass.
takes is a few seconds to thank them for contributing. Hint: when you get up to about 10 comments, your readership DOUBLES. So, help those numbers rise by commenting behind everyone.
6. Make friend connections with those respondents – it doesn’t work to randomly go around soliciting for friend requests. It’s better to have added value to someone first which proves to them you are someone they should connect with. Send them a private message thanking them again and let them know you would like to connect and be their friend. About eighty percent of them will be happy to accept your request.
7. Only accept friend requests if it is relevant to your purpose on the site – you’ll get people trying to connect with you at random, but don’t accept it just to build up a friend list. Remember, you’re there to market your business to a targeted audience, and you want to keep your friend inventory as pure as possible.
8. Make comments on other group member’s discussion topics – this is a powerful way to keep you in front of people. Simply post a few lines in support of the content, praise the writer, and that’s it. When you sign your name, make sure to ONLY put your full name and website link. Do not try to sell anything, this is tacky and no one will take you seriously. It's important to be consistent with this as well. Set a daily goal on how many comments you want to make and stick to it.
9. It's a good idea to survey your friends on the social networking sites to see what their needs are and try to meet them. Once you get this information from them you can send out targeted help to them and soft promote your site. Now you’re starting to drive traffic outside of your articles!
10. At least twice per month, send an invitation to participate in an event that’s not part of the community – you’ve been adding value to them so this is a comfortable and acceptable approach to promoting your business. If you were doing this step on the front end, it would not work.
Remember, it’s always about adding value up front, not about selling your MLM business. Give enough of yourself in the right way, and people will attach themselves to you like groupies. I guess that makes you an internet rock star, right? Not bad!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Carin Davis is an expert at helping others with their Social Networking Lead Generation. If you want to learn more about the steps and resources mentioned in this article to explode your lead generation visit, Carin Davis's MLM Training Secrets.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated