000-590 is an IBM certification exam and has the title: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Implementation. Ss the name suggests it is about a professional’s knowledge of the Tivoli storage manager.
The number of scored questions on your IBM 000-590 exam are 65 and you have a hundred and five minutes to get done with them. In addition to these 65 questions you will also be given 5 un-scored items on your test. The test is taken in English only and it is taken at all registered Pro-metric centers. That is also where you get registered for your IBM 000-590 exam.
• Planning: The first section deals with making implementation plans and meeting the demands of the customer in addition to determining the appropriate upgrade paths. Make sure you understand the space requirements of the Tivoli database, and what it matters for choosing an upgrade method. Apart from storage, you should also understand network constraints and hardware requirements, being able to articulate why these requirements and capacities are important while planning.
• Installation: this would involve a review of the installation instructions and requirements. This section also tests your understanding of the importance of disk layout and configuration, along with your skill with the OS platform.
• Configuration: Here you need to be able to verify that the space available and the hardware condition are optimal for installation and configuration. This section would further include IBM storage server and DB2 instance.
• Administration: this part test your administrative skills and gives you questions related to DRM commands, offsite tapes, and further steps related to disaster recovery.
• Troubleshooting: Like every mastery exam, 000-590 tests you on troubleshooting the system. Make sure you can diagnose what is wrong and why. Coming up with a right solution always follows.
IBM recommends that before you register for the 000-590 IBM exam you should have some hands on experience and also take a precise, instructor lead, traditional classroom setting course with IBM as an essential preparation for the test. IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 is the recommended course and it can be as long as 5 days maximum. IBM suggests that you take a couple of other relevant course offered by IBM itself as well. In addition to these classroom courses, you can also take an online course named: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Implementation and Administration. Although this is an online course, it is still instructor lead.
In addition to these most essential preparatory methods, you should really go for test prep material available online that you can purchase and practice with. Practice of the exam questions prepares you in a way nothing else does. You get acquainted with the style of exam questions as these study guides have all past exam papers and sample questions for you to practice on.
Now that you have made up your mind, start talking the relevant courses before you get registered so that you can have an idea how much time you need to give yourself. Hopefully, you will pass the test on your first attempt!
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
ExamKill is well known for its affordable exam training material for all IT exams like 000-590 and 000-270 for just $25 only for each exam. Visit ExamKill website and search for your desired test code using search box.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Computer Articles