Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux V2 is a professional certification provided by IBM. Technical skill to internal or external customers in the designing, implementing and managing virtualized environments is provided by Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux V2 experts. Successful students are able to determine which virtualization technology is appropriate to a given solution. A suitable environment to specified requirements is suggested by them and they are aware of software licensing requirements related to a virtualized environment.
• 12-18 experience to plan, design, implement, support and ability to solve troubleshooting problems which leverage IBM virtualization technologies.
• Strong experience with the full complement of PowerVM capabilities at all Edition levels.
• Experience to manage and administer virtualized environments on IBM Power Systems servers, mainly POWER7-based technologies.
• Understands SAN concepts at a high level and able to communicate storage requirements effectively.
• Experience about Ethernet work and know High Availability concepts.
• Recommended education should be completed.
• Earn prerequisite System Administration (test #104)
• Attaining the Enterprise Technical Support certifications is sturdily recommended.
Test requirement for certification:
Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux V2 requires 2 tests:
1. Any one of the following tests:
a. Test 000-104 - AIX 6.1 Administration
b. Test 000-221 - AIX 7 Administration
2. Test 000-109 - Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux - v2
Exam for 000-109 includes 58 questions. Time for the exam is ninety minutes. Passing criteria is 65% marks. English language is used during exam. There are eighty-one scored items and six unscored items in exam.
Objectives of Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux V2 certification is learn about following things:
o Determining network requirements and when networking concepts apply
o Determining processor and memory requirements
o Determining storage requirements
o Understanding hardware and software redundancy concepts
o Size a solution to support required functions
o Using available tools
o Determining backup and restore requirements
o Identify partitions including LPARs, WPARS, VIO Servers, and VIO Clients
o Resource allocation to VIO Clients
o HMC and IVM configuration
o Storage configuration
o Network configuration
o VIO Servers installation
o VIO Clients installation
o PowerVM components installation and configuration
• Ongoing support
o Performing VIO backups and restores
o Modifying virtualized resources for VIO clients
o Performing DLPAR operations
o Transfer an application to another instance of AIX or Linux
o Transfer a partition to another server
o Analyzing problems and take correct actions
o Upgrading VIO / IVM Server
Preparation for Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux V2 exam:
On the job experience is required for virtualization technical support for AIX and Linux V2 certification which cannot be present in courses or online training. Whereas, for other skills you can join IBM courses or take sample test for understanding format and content for exam. Recommended courses for Virtualization Technical Support for AIX and Linux V2 certification are:
• Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning
• Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration
• Power Systems for AIX - Virtualization I: Implementing Virtualization
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
TestsExpert is your ultimate source of updated pdf material regarding IBM tests like 000-109 and 000-108. Visit to get your copy today and pass your exam for 25 GBP only.
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated
Additional Articles From - Home
| Computer Articles