-Visits to Your Doctor-
Welcome to this blog created for the average person that makes trips to the doctor.
I am certain that anyone visiting this page has in their lifetime had many visits to different doctors. The doctors offices have been as various as the patients. Some offices are too cramped, offering little room to move, along with very little or no reading material. Some offices are spacious, and have furniture that should have been replaced a long time ago. If you are lucky, you may have a doctor who has updated, cleaned up, and put a little extra TLC into the waiting room, and individual waiting rooms.
On this blog you will find a few helpful hints to make your medical visit a bit more pleasant. Remember, you are in charge of your health. No one, not even your doctor, whom you put great trust and confidence in knows you better than you know yourself. Take charge today, manage your own health.
Wishing you wellness!
Medicine Record - Keep a list to help you and your doctor.
Name of Medicine:
Daily or Days: MON TUE WED THR FRI SAT SUN
Date Began: Month - Year
List Allergies: Y N List:
Flu Vaccine: Y N Date:
Pneumonia Vaccine Y N Date
Suggestion: Keep a small notebook that is easily handled.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Links of Interest
10 Secrets Doctors Hide And Vital Questions You Must Ask Them. 10 Secrets Doctors Hide From You And Your Family - And Vital Questions You Must Ask To Get The Best Health Care.
Healthy Heart Series Of Essential Knowledge Guides. Do You, Or Does Someone You Know, Suffer From The Ravages Of Diabetes Or Heart Disease? Get Answers To Your Questions About These Deadly Diseases, And Find Out How To Avoid Them. Learn Ways To Minimize Their Effects, And Live A Normal, Healthy Life.
Natural Plant Cures. Herbal Medicines, Natural Cures, Plant Based Century Old Cures Covering Over 300 Remedies. If You Got A Bad Stomach, Reflux And Intestine Tract Problems Then You Will Find The Answers In This Colorful And Searchable Electronic Book. Download It Directly.
Posted by PAT RICO at 6:42 PM 0 comments
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
Visiting the Doctor
When Scheduling an Appointment:
1. Have a calendar at hand.
2. Be aware of other appointments you have scheduled.
3. Make it as far in advance that you can.
3. Ask for a time that is convenient for you.
4. Be prepared for questions from the scheduling receptionist regarding the purpose of your appointment.
Arriving for an Appointment
1. Try to arrive at least 15 minutes before, unless told otherwise.
2. Bring all necessary paperwork & insurance cards.
3. Bring a prepared list of all medications that you are taking.
4. Bring something your enjoy reading, or doing as you wait ( knitting, crossword puzzles etc.)
5. Be prepared to wait, but remind the receptionist when the time exceeds 30 minutes.
Meeting with the doctor
1. Be prepared to tell him or her exactly how you feel.
2. Listen carefully
3. Ask questions, or for explanations.
4. Ask about the medications that will be prescribed.
5. Ask if a follow-up appointment is necessary, and if so how soon.
6. If you do not feel comfortable with the answers or explanations, ask again.
7. Remember - you are in charge of your health
Article Directory: http://www.articletrunk.com
Please Rate this Article
Not yet Rated